Transport Pre-Op Instructions
- You must have an appointment.
Call 1-877-334-9738 to schedule your pet for surgery.
- Prepayment is required at the time you make a reservation for your pet(s.) Click to view our Prepayment Policy.
- No appointment needed for feral cats. They must come in a cat trap. Feral cats will not be transferred from a carrier to a trap on the transport truck.
- While setting up the appointment over the phone, our transport staff completes the necessary admission form. They will ask you a series of questions that we need to know about your pet before they come for surgery. Admission typically takes 10 minutes to complete.
- Bring a transport-approved carrier (hard plastic and no wire kennels) for each of your pets.
SOFT CARRIERS ARE NOT SAFE AND WILL NOT BE APPROVED. If you do not have a carrier, we can provide one for you.
- All adult animals must have food withdrawn at midnight the night before surgery. Animals 4 months or younger may have a snack (1 tablespoon) until 6:00 a.m. the morning of surgery. Your pet may have water.
- We require that you abide by the Alabama State Law and have a current rabies vaccination for your pet. Bring your pet’s rabies certificate to the designated pick-up point. If your pet does not have a rabies vaccination certificate, we will administer a rabies vaccine at the time of surgery for a charge of $16.00.
- Transport patients stay at the clinic overnight for no extra charge.
Your pet will be returned to you at the designated time and place the day after surgery.
- You may want to bathe your pet before surgery, as he/she will not be allowed to get wet for 7-10 days post-surgery.
- If you bring your own carrier, make sure it is clean and disinfected.
- Carriers should contain newspapers or other absorbent material in carrier. (No hay, straw, or cat litter)
- No food or snacks in the carrier.
- At the point of pick-up you will fill out a brief pre-surgical screening questionnaire so that we my further serve you and your pet to the best of our ability.
- For the safety of you and your pets, leave your pet(s) in the car until paperwork is completed.